Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gotham

Administrator Chopper Challenge Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Plops Champion, Tritryst Champion, Curveball Champion, 5 Card Draw Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Monkey Diving Champion, Gary Golf Champion, KickUps Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Warthog Launch Champion, Helicopter Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Keg Stand Champion, Solitaire Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Juggler Champion, Ice Hockey Champion Jonesie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gotham

Has anyone else been watching this. I originally thought it would be awful, but I find myself hooked to this show week after week.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched something like the first 7-10 episodes, but it was God awful. Like the acting was purposely bad and the dialogue was atrocious. Jim Gordon asking everyone what their name was at every turn wasn't exactly riveting. I've heard it's gotten better since, but just don't care.

Administrator Chopper Challenge Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Plops Champion, Tritryst Champion, Curveball Champion, 5 Card Draw Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Monkey Diving Champion, Gary Golf Champion, KickUps Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Warthog Launch Champion, Helicopter Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Keg Stand Champion, Solitaire Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Juggler Champion, Ice Hockey Champion Jonesie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

But, But, No that's a pretty spot on review, still i am hooked on it and look forward to it every week.

Super Moderator The Razor's Edge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I stopped watching after the premiere. It doesn't distinguish itself from all the other cop shows on tv. Oswald Cobblepot is the only interesting character and portrayal - everyone else is just, there.
    Last edited by The Razor's Edge; 2015-03-02 at 05:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the idea of introducing all of these villains before Bruce Wayne even becomes Batman. Not only that, but it's during Bruce's childhood. Half these villains aren't much of anything without Batman there to trigger their insanity/motive. Some of them I can understand, but the whole Joker tease is stupid. They could have made do with the more gangster and reality based villains for at least the first season. The appeal comes from what villain can be the flavor of the week that episode. Once they run out of rogue's gallery, the product is going to suffer. It seriously just feels like Fox's answer to Smallville, which is unnecessary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evilbutters View Post
    I don't like the idea of introducing all of these villains before Bruce Wayne even becomes Batman. Not only that, but it's during Bruce's childhood. Half these villains aren't much of anything without Batman there to trigger their insanity/motive. Some of them I can understand, but the whole Joker tease is stupid. They could have made do with the more gangster and reality based villains for at least the first season. The appeal comes from what villain can be the flavor of the week that episode. Once they run out of rogue's gallery, the product is going to suffer. It seriously just feels like Fox's answer to Smallville, which is unnecessary.
    Man I have missed this, so glad you joined.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Man I have missed this, so glad you joined.
    Well shit. Thanks for making a cynical and opinionated guy like me feel welcome.

Werewolf Scraps Hexxagon Champion, Bat Punch Champion, Jack's Bar Champion, Zelda Champion, Shootout Champion, Minigolf Champion Freddy=Legend's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

First few episodes were awful. After they went on their first break, the show got immensely better. The writers were able to adapt to all the criticisms that plagued the show. Penguin and Riddler have becomes great characters & I loved their first interaction together.

Gordon & Bullock's partnership is really fun to watch now. And they have really toned down the 'we're a Batman show" thing they did early on. Plus, I'm glad they put Barbara in the background because he is the show's worst character by far. Dr. Thompkins has been a great addition to counter-balance Gordon.

I really dug the Scarecrow episode. And the Flying Grayson's one wasn't too bad either. The constant Joker teases are getting a bit much. I can't wait for the mob war that's brewing to hit. Maroni & Falcone are going to go all out over Penguin soon.

Post Thanks / Like

The first time I watched it, I turned the show off within the first few minutes. I tried again a couple of weeks later and thought it wasn't that bad after a few episodes but Jesus Toast Crunch, Jada's acting is god damn horrible. I mostly watched it for Robin Lord Taylor's version of the Penguin but now that has steered off into a boring direction.

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of shitty of Jada Pinkett Smith spoiling Fish Mooney's fate before the end of the first season.