Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Exorcist

Super Moderator The Razor's Edge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default The Exorcist

Today, FOX gave a pilot order to 'The Exorcist' drama.

Morgan Creek has rights to the property and took out the project penned by Jeremy Slater (Fantastic Four) in Summer 2013. After a lengthy pursuit and deal-making, it has landed at FOX.

The drama is described as a "propulsive, serialized psychological thriller that follows two very different men tackling one family's case of horrifying demonic possession and confronting the face of true evil."

Slater wrote the script and executive produces alongside James Robinson, David Robinson and Barbara Wall.

Last edited by The Razor's Edge; 2016-01-22 at 11:51 PM.
    2011, 2012, 2013 Winter Boxoffice Champion

2011, 2016 Summer Boxoffice Champion

Scribe of the Dead Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Snake Champion, Pacman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Arkanoid Champion, Autobahn Champion Someguy with a Moustache's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The project was written by the Fantastic Four guy? That doesn't inspire confidence in me, even though I thought FF got a little too much hate. (I didn't like it, but some fans really ripped it to pieces). This is kind of like Zombie remaking Halloween. It's just baffling that anyone would want to even try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Someguy with a Moustache View Post
    The project was written by the Fantastic Four guy? That doesn't inspire confidence in me, even though I thought FF got a little too much hate. (I didn't like it, but some fans really ripped it to pieces). This is kind of like Zombie remaking Halloween. It's just baffling that anyone would want to even try.

I don't know if FOX will order it to series or not. Even though the prospect of living up to the film will be daunting, I think this can work on network tv. Not having to rely on lots of blood or gore to be effective or get the point across.

Rotting Flesh Frogger Champion Horror Fyynd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't help but think if this is done right it would be insane for a prime time television show about demonic posession to grab so much attention from audiences. Especially with Horror being so huge and gaining new fans with the new wave of tv shows. It is one of my favorite sub-genres so that alone makes me super exicited about seeing something which scares the crap out of me on a weekly television series plus I mean its the fucking Exorcist!
    Last edited by Horror Fyynd; 2016-02-26 at 05:54 AM.
    http://horrorboards.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=61&dateline=143565477  6

Post Thanks / Like

image.jpeg
    Geena Davis will star in "The Exorcist"!

Probably the most exciting casting news this year comes via Deadline who is reporting that Beetlejuice‘s Geena Davis is set to star opposite Alfonso Herrera and Ben Daniels in “The Exorcist,” Fox’s drama pilot inspired by William Blatty’s 1971 book.

“The Exorcist,” penned by feature writer Jeremy Slater (The Lazarus Effect, Fantastic Four), is described as a modern reinvention of the book, previously adapted into William Friedkin’s classic horror movie. It is a propulsive, serialized psychological thriller following two very different men — Father Tomas Ortega (Herrera) and Father Marcus Lang (Daniels) — tackling one family’s case of horrifying demonic possession and confronting the face of true evil.

Davis will play AnFox Logogela Rance. Naturally beautiful, regal and proud but weighed down by stress, Angela does everything she can to stay positive and keep her faith even though her family is currently struggling. She can’t help but think, however, if perhaps her nightmares about a demon are a sign of what’s wrong.

Slater, who wrote the script, executive produces alongside James Robinson, David Robinson and Barbara Wall for 20th Century Fox TV and Morgan Creek Prods.
    Source:Bloody-Digusting.com

I think this is going to be good I mean with a name like Geena Davis they got to have some spectacular stuff planned. Not to mention I love Geena Davis this is pretty fucking awesome news to me!
    Last edited by Horror Fyynd; 2016-03-08 at 04:57 AM.

Werewolf Scraps Hexxagon Champion, Bat Punch Champion, Jack's Bar Champion, Zelda Champion, Shootout Champion, Minigolf Champion Freddy=Legend's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The guy who wrote Fantastic Four & The Lazarus Effect. That inspires oh so much confidence with this project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

According to Deadline, 'The Exorcist' drama has early momentum for a pickup. Apparently, the project has been "well liked" by FOX since the script stage. The network upfronts are a month away, when the season's schedule and new shows will be announced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

FOX has given 'The Exorcist' a series order, the network announced last night.

9. Thanks Horror Fyynd thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww Shit!! I am excited, I was excited but now I'm like beyond excited. Please don't suck.. please don't suck.. please don't suck. I have my Exorcist tattoo planned for the weekend of my birthday at Crypticon in a couple of weeks so ya Huge Exorcist fan!!!

Scribe of the Dead Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Snake Champion, Pacman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Arkanoid Champion, Autobahn Champion Someguy with a Moustache's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't know. It could end up being great, but these are mighty big shoes to fill. Of course, 90 percent of TV horror is either adaptation, remake or sequel. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Bates Motel worked out, as did Walking Dead and Evil Dead, Scream, Dusk Til Dawn. But when I heard Exorcist being remade, by bum tightens for some unexplained reason. I will check it out, though.

Anyone watch Damian yet?